Become a Member of Pacific Scribes
Our meetings and workshops are held at various community facilities in the San Jose, California, area, or online using Zoom. (For specifics, see the Calendar of Future Events).
Non-members are always welcome to attend the general meetings (called Community Gatherings).
We look forward to seeing you and invite you to join and take part in our many activities.
Our membership year runs from July 1 to June 30. Membership includes the following:
- The opportunity to participate in all of our activities and workshops during the membership year.
(Each participant pays the fee determined for the workshop, but only members are eligible to sign up.)
Information is sent to members by email.
- A subscription to P.S., the newsletter of Pacific Scribes, which is generally published at least
twice a year.
Among other things, it includes news of future programs, activities and exhibits; reports on workshops;
listings of classes; book reviews; member profiles; and information regarding tools and materials.
(View several past Newsletters.)
Newsletters are usually printed and sent by postal mail but occasional newsletters may be published
- A directory with contact information for members. This directory is printed once a year
and mailed to members. Members who join or renew by July 1 are included in the printed
Separate updates are included with the newsletters.
(This information is for the personal use of the membership only, is not for sale, and cannot be used for commercial purposes.)
The directory also includes the names and contact information of those members who accept commissions for free-lance work
or who teach calligraphy as well as members who have webpages of their work.
(See the Find a Calligrapher listing).
- The opportunity to exhibit original artwork in our Gallery, as well as an
occasional calligraphy exhibitions at local venues when the guild organizes them..
- The opportunity to participate in an Independent Study Group, which are informal groups that meet monthly to
work together on projects chosen by the group.
There is no charge to join one of these groups.
Membership dues are $30 per year for an individual. Family Membership (which covers all members at one address) is $35.
Sustaining Membership starts at $50. (This is a regular membership plus an additional contribution to Pacific Scribes.
If requested, a statement of tax deductibility will be issued for the amount of the additional contribution).
Print out the Membership Form and Mail a Check:
to access a PDF file of the Membership Form and download and print it.
Mail it with your check to the address on the form.
If you can't open the pdf, use this link to get Adobe Reader:
Pay with PayPal
- Click the down-arrow below to select a membership level.
- Type in your name below. (For a Family Membership, type in the family name or the members'
names as you want them published.)
- Click the "Pay Now" button to be taken to the PayPal website. Note: You do not need a PayPal account to
pay via PayPal; you can also enter the information for a debit or credit card.
- When your payment is complete, click on the "Return to Merchant" button to be taken to an
online Membership Form to fill out
to complete your member registration.
Make a Contribution
If you wish to make a separate PayPal payment or additional contribution to Pacific Scribes,
© 2002 -
Pacific Scribes - All Rights Reserved