Last updated April 8, 2022
AGREEMENT TO TERMS
We will alert you to any changes by updating the “Last updated” date at the top of this page, and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change.
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
USE BY MINORS
Our services and membership are available to persons 16 years of age and above. No programs, services, or offerings are intended for children under the age of 16.
There may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to the Site, including descriptions, pricing, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information on the Site at any time, without giving you prior notice.
MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Site without notice at any time.
We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
We cannot guarantee the Site will be available at all times. We or our Site host may experience hardware, software, or other problems or need to perform maintenance related to the Site, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors.
We reserve the right to change, revise, update, suspend, discontinue, or otherwise modify the Site at any time or for any reason without notice to you. You agree that we have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by your inability to access or use the Site during any downtime or discontinuance of the Site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless otherwise indicated, the Site is our proprietary property and all source code, databases (if any), functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (collectively, the “Content”) and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of the United States, foreign jurisdictions, and international conventions.
By using the Site, you represent and warrant that:
- all membership registration information you submit will be true, accurate, current, and complete;
- you are 16 years old or above;
- you will promptly notify us when such registration information changes;
- you will not access the Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script, or otherwise;
- you will not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
- your use of the Site will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
If you provide us with any false information, we have the right to terminate your membership in Pacific Scribes and prohibit your access to members’ only sections of the Site.
You may be required to become a member of Pacific Scribes in order to access certain pages of the Site for members only or to register for some of our services. You agree to keep any logins and passwords confidential and be responsible for all use of such logins and passwords. We reserve the right to change logins and passwords at any time at our discretion.
You agree to the collection, transfer, storage, and use of your personal information by us on servers located in the United States.
You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss, theft, or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss, theft, or corruption.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, TRANSACTIONS, AND SIGNATURES
Visiting the Site, sending us emails, and completing online forms constitute electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing.
YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THE USE OF ELECTRONIC CONTRACTS, ORDERS, AND OTHER RECORDS, AND TO ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF NOTICES, POLICIES, AND RECORDS OF TRANSACTIONS INITIATED OR COMPLETED BY US OR VIA THE SITE.
You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances, or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by any means other than electronic means.
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved in writing by us.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting logins, email addresses of members, by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating fictitious memberships by automated means or under false pretenses.
- use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services without our permission.
- circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on access or use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- engage in unauthorized inlining, framing, or deep linking to the Site.
- trick, defraud, or mislead us or members, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive information such as logins and passwords;
- engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on or slowing of the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- attempt to access restricted areas of the Site by using a member’s login or password, if you are not a member.
- attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to restrict access to any portion of the Site.
- delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material that interferes with any users’ uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (spyware, passive collection mechanisms, or pcms).
- except as may be the result of standard search engine or internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
Pacific Scribes may invite you to contribute to the Site content, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, publish, or broadcast content and materials to us for use on the Site, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, art, or personal information or other material (“Contributions”).
Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Site. Any Contributions you provide may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
- the creation, distribution, transmission, or public display and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the Site and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, (1) to edit, redact, or otherwise change any Contributions; (2) to place your Contribution in an appropriate locations on the Site; and (3) to pre-screen, decline, or delete any Contributions at any time and for any reason.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
The Site may contain links to other websites (“Third-Party Websites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third-Party Content”).
Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Content.
You agree and acknowledge that we do not endorse the products or services offered on Third-Party Websites and you shall hold us harmless from any harm caused by your purchase of such products or services.
We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to:
- otherwise manage the Site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site.
If you access the Site from the European Union, Asia, or any other region of the world with laws or other requirements governing personal data collection, use, or disclosure that differ from applicable laws in the United States, then through your continued use of the Site, you are transferring your data to the United States, and you expressly consent to have your data transferred to and processed in the United States.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA) NOTICE AND POLICY
If you believe that any material available on or through the Site infringes upon any copyright you own or control, please immediately notify our Designated Copyright Agent using the contact information provided below.
A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the Notification.
All Notifications must meet the requirements of DMCA, 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3).
If you believe your own copyrighted material has been removed from the Site as a result of a mistake or misidentification, you may submit a written counter notification to us and our Designated Copyright Agent using the contact information provided below.
To be an effective Counter Notification under the DMCA, your Counter Notification must meet the requirements of DMCA, 17 U.S.C. § 512(g)(3).
If you send us a valid, written Counter Notification meeting the requirements described above, we will restore your removed or disabled Contribution, unless we first receive notice from the party filing the Notification informing us that such party has filed a court action to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity related to the Contribution in question.
Designated Copyright Agent
P.O. Box 3392
Santa Clara, CA 95055
TERM AND TERMINATION
If we terminate your membership for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new membership for your own use under your name, or a fake or borrowed name.
In addition to terminating your membership and removing your content or Contribution, we reserve the right to take appropriate action, including without limitation pursuing legal action.
Any legal action of whatever nature brought by either you or us shall be commenced or prosecuted in the state and federal courts located in Santa Clara County, California, and the Parties hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction.
THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND OUR SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SITE AND WE WILL ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE, (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE, OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO US FOR ANY SERVICES PRIOR TO ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
CALIFORNIA USERS AND RESIDENTS
If any complaint by you is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you can contact the California Department of Consumer Affairs at https://www.dca.ca.gov/webapps/gencomplaint.php
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site, please contact us at:
P.O. Box 3392
Santa Clara, CA 95055